L.A. CADA’s mission is to save lives, unite families, and protect the community by providing addiction counseling and healthy living education.
We strive to attain excellence!
- An Excellent Path to Recovery and Wellness
- Excellent Partnerships
- An Excellent Place to Work
For over 40 years, L.A. CADA has been providing vital treatment and prevention programs to Los Angeles County residents. Our programs are licensed and certified by the state of California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs. We offer services at five locations and reach out to those living on the streets. Services are available in both English and Spanish. Certain services are provided through agreements with the county of Los Angeles, Public Health Department. In addition, MediCal, General Relief, and Health Insurances are accepted. A sliding scale is available for treatment programs and no one is turned away for inability to pay. All health education and prevention programs are offered at no-cost to the community.
What We Do:
We help people to:
- stop substance abuse
- gain an active recovery program
- learn skills for relapse prevention
- protect themselves from HIV/STD infection and transmission
- get needed medical treatment and maintain good physical health
- improve their mental health and coping skills
- heal from the trauma of violence and abuse
- build a strong family and drug free social network
- obtain stable housing and employment
Outpatient and Outreach Services
- Adult Treatment: Crisis intervention, Case Management, Individual and Group Sessions, Special Care for Pregnant Women and Homeless Persons.
- Education Prevention: HIV/AIDS Street Outreach, Drug Diversion Classes, Parenting Classes/Groups.
- Youth Treatment/Prevention: Life Skills Education Class, Drug and Alcohol Counseling, Recreation Activities, Parent Support Groups.
- Violence Treatment/Prevention: Anger Management Classes, Batterer’s Treatment Education.
Residential/Rehab Live-in Services
- Allen House inpatient treatment and transitional housing for adults in structured sober living environments with comprehensive counseling services.
- The New Vision Program is a six to twelve month residential mult-service center with comprehensive counseling and rehabilitation for adult men and women on parole.
Los Angeles Centers for Alcohol and Drug Abuse